Since Hubster and I decided to purchase the house we currently live in, we have started to organise ourselves and are trying to sort things so they are just the way we want them. One catalyst for all this organisation is the fact that we are getting the carpets replaced. As we are already living in the house, this means moving ALL of the furniture out of the house while the old carpets are pulled up and the new ones installed. Phew, the thought of this literally makes my blood run cold so we have decided to start early and get things ship shape so we aren’t moving junk out and then back in at the time.
The first stop for us is the Kitchen. We’ve already installed this handy dandy kitchen shelf.
Today we started on corralling all the junk we had attached to the fridge. Unfortunately I didn’t take a before photo (I swear my brain is like goo at the moment) but rest assured it was a state. Photos, menus, recipes, other assorted papers stuck all over it. So much so that we could no longer see the awesome magnets we were given as wedding presents and those that we have collected on our travels.
Our solution was quick, easy and most importantly cheap!!
All we did was purchase a set of 3 baking sheets for $5.00 and then spray paint them (we already had the perfect colours at home). We attached these to the wall using command strips and voila.
We used one sheet for recipes (and chalk)
One for assorted cards and photos
And the last for take away menus and Hubster’s work schedule – gotta love that shift work.
I’ve got some ideas for cool magnets so watch this space, there’s even room for one more tray should I feel the need. In the mean time I’ll enjoy having a clean fridge and counter top!